doubtless adv : with certainty; "it's undoubtedly very beautiful" [syn: undoubtedly, beyond question, without doubt, beyond any doubt]
- Characterized by or experiencing no doubt at all, certain; undoubted; undoubting.
- 1880: B. Stewart and P. G. Tait, The Unseen Universe, Macmillan
(London), p. xiii,
- There are those who have doubtless faith in revelation.
- 1927: Edgar Rice
Burroughs, The Outlaw of Torn, ch. 7,
- It is doubtless that the old reprobate who sued for his daughter's hand heard some unsavory truths from the man.
- 1880: B. Stewart and P. G. Tait, The Unseen Universe, Macmillan (London), p. xiii,
- Webster 1828}}
absolutely, admittedly, assumably, assured, believing, beyond doubt, beyond question, by all odds, certain, certainly, confident, convinced, definitely, devout, dogmatic, dollars to doughnuts, doubtlessly, faithful, fideistic, for certain, for sure, impressed with, in all likelihood, in all probability, incontestably, indisputably, indubious, indubitably, irrefragably, irrefutably, like enough, likely, make no mistake, most likely, naturally, no doubt, out of question, past dispute, persuaded, pietistic, pious, pistic, positive, positively, presumably, presumptively, probably, questionless, satisfied, secure, sold on, supposedly, sure, surely, ten to one, truly, unchallenged, uncontested, uncontradicted, uncontroversial, uncontroverted, undeniably, under the impression, undisputed, undoubted, undoubtedly, undoubtful, undoubting, unequivocally, unquestionably, unquestioned, very like, very likely, without doubt